Keeping each other safe and healthy: our guidelines to help you reduce the spread of Covid-19 during your booking
As the Covid-19 health crisis continues to evolve around the world, it’s no surprise that cleanliness has become a hot topic for the hospitality sector. With contaminated surfaces thought to be a vector for spreading the virus, ensuring we offer organisers clean and hygienic spaces has never been so important.
With this in mind, we’ve put together some new guidelines to help keep you and your guests safe during your booking. Read on to learn more about our health and safety guidelines and to discover the protective measures recommended by the ECDC to help keep you safe during the pandemic :
Preparing the event safely:
- To protect our guests, we ask organisers to thoroughly air out the venue by opening windows and doors to increase air circulation
- We also recommend that organisers wear protective gear such as disposable masks, gloves and aprons to avoid contamination whilst setting up events
Sanitising high-touch areas:
- As recommended by the ECDC, it’s especially important to sanitise high-touch areas such as doorknobs and light switches in each venue.
- It is also important to thoroughly sanitise any shared electrical appliances or devices which guests might have access to during the event
Personal hygiene and protective gear:
- To keep your guests safe during a booking, organisers must provide access to hand-washing facilities or antibacterial hand gel containing at least 60% alcohol
- We also recommend that organisers provide protective gear including disposable masks, gloves and wipes plus a dedicated bin for guests to dispose of everything safely at the end of the event
Spacing out bookings:
We recommend spacing out bookings to ensure there is ample time to clean and disinfect each space between events to keep venues as hygienic as possible
- We highly recommend limiting the number of guests at each event to ensure organisers can comply with local capacity guidelines
- We also recommend removing excess furniture to allow more room for guests to maintain social distancing protocols during the event
To protect both yourself and your fellow guests during bookings, the WHO has put together a list of protective measures to help slow the spread of the virus. When hosting an event, you can help keep everyone safe and healthy by:
- Wearing a mask which covers your nose and mouth Staying 1m apart from other guests
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you do not have access to soap and water, you can also use antibacterial hand gel that contains 60% alcohol
- Avoiding touching your face especially your eyes, mouth and nose
- Opening doors and windows to increase ventilation and minimise risk
- Covering your mouth and nose with your elbow when coughing or sneezing
Our hosts can update the details of their Covid Health and Safety Measures at any time on their individual listing page. To find out more about all the new health and security measures on offer for your venue of choice, simply click through to the listing page.
Flexible Cancellations in Response to COVID-19
Finally, our continued top priority is the health and safety of our community and we remain committed to supporting you in this time of uncertainty. Following the declaration of the COVID-19 as a pandemic, we updated our Cancellation Policy to clarify the known risks associated with bookings taking place throughout this period. You can review the policy here. For other requests please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org.